Boulder, Colorado, United States
The Technology Development Group is looking for an Accessibility Engineer to help us explore, define, and build accessibility solutions for the next generation of interactive computing for our platform. As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to work with some of Apple's most advanced technologies (AR, VR, ML, CV) to help build empowering solutions for everyone.
- Experience writing AR/VR applications
- Proficient with languages like Swift and Objective-C
- Talent for writing cleanly architected UI features
- Ability to write accurate multi-threaded code
- Excellent cross-functional and communication skills
Apple strives to make the newest technologies accessible for blind, low-vision, hearing-impaired, and motor-impaired users. The work we do ensures that all users can be surprised and delighted, regardless of their abilities. You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams including application teams, framework teams, research teams, and other hardware and software teams across Apple. You'll join a small and focused team with an opportunity to define and prove brand-new accessibility concepts and experiences.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- - Knowledge of either UIKit or AppKit APIs.
- - Experience with assistive technologies is nice to have, but not required.
- - Experience using accessibility APIs on any platform is helpful, but not required
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Accessibility Engineer starts at a minimum annual salary of $105,600. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.