3D UI Frameworks Engineer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for an 3D UI Framework Engineer to help build frameworks that will drive the next generation of interactive experiences for our platform.
- 5 years experience in software development
- Experience working on developer-facing frameworks or libraries
- Experience developing latency-critical, interactive, UI software
Apple’s UI frameworks define the look and feel of our software and products. You will have the chance to create software that directly impacts the way both developers and customers get along with our products. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. Work closely with human interface designers and internal clients to define and deliver the foundation for the next generation of user interfaces and entirely new interaction models.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Swift, Xcode, Objective-C
- Proficent in C/C++
- Prior experience delivering developer-facing UI frameworks
- Broad exposure to UI frameworks (Qt, CoreAnimation, WPF, UIKit, React, AppKit)
- Ability to diagnose and resolve multithreading and memory corruption issues
- Metal, OpenGL, or DirectX
- iOS CPU/GPU Architecture
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. AR/VR SW Engineer starts at a minimum $106,500 annually. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.