Software Engineering Project Manager, Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technologies Team conceives and proves out exciting new technologies for Apple’s future products and features. We are seeking an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to work on software tools development projects to support studies.
- 5+ years of project management, engineering, or research experience working on projects with application/tools development
- Foundational understanding of system software fundamentals and strong interest in improving process
- Strong track record of on-time project delivery and managing entire project life cycle
- Ability to influence teams to adopt best practices
- Self-motivated and proactive with critical thinking and resourcefulness to drive the project to success, making an impact in health technologies
- Experience in Health area is a plus
EPMs are responsible for managing and communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, and project status in the development of new products. An EPM must be able to prioritize issues and track details as well as be in touch with the big picture. EPMs must be fearless organizers who are ready to work with highly skilled software and hardware teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and to the quality of data. They must lead the roadmap for algorithm development and keep the team focused on the critical path. EPMs need to have a strong understanding of engineering feasibility lifecycle - from feasibility definition and data collection to data analysis. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond to changes swiftly, energetically, and enthusiastically. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. They must be collaborative with other Apple teams to promote cross team technology sharing. They must interact with all engineering design disciplines, data analysis, and additional project management teams. The EPM will be responsible for maintaining communication within the feasibility team; maintaining project schedules; cross-functional organization, communication, and management; creating meetings and documenting action items and progress; reporting and presenting to senior management on project status and schedules.
Education & Experience
B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Biomedical Engineering discipline.
- Ideal experience: 2+ years in consumer products and/or other product development.