Technical Producer, Apple Arcade
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you love games? Do you want to have an impact on hundreds of premium games played around the world? Apple Arcade is the first game subscription service for mobile, desktop and the living room, featuring over 100 new and exclusive games, and we're growing! We're seeking a games technical producer to join the Apple Arcade team! In this role, you’ll partner with the technical teams of our 3rd party developers to deliver amazing games to Apple Arcade customers. You’ll be their go-to for technical requirements, technical design reviews, implementation questions for Apple frameworks, and performance optimizations. You'll draw on your technical game development experience, knowledge of all the games you've ever played and loved, and growing understanding of Apple's hardware and software features to advise Apple Arcade game developers on how to best succeed on Apple Arcade. You'll also demonstrate your clear, concise communication, appreciation for opposing viewpoints, and “get it done” mentality to advocate for your developers' creative vision. As the creative team for Apple Arcade we are committed to developers' success. Your drive and passion for creating incredible games will take you into development teams, have you championing our catalog to internal teams, and shaping the future of gaming at Apple.
- Successfully programmed an app or game on iOS; bonus points if the app shipped and gained an audience
- Proven experience with programming or shipping a game on Unity; additional experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
- Personally implemented code to either a multiplayer backend or a compute-constrained client; with a deep understanding of the full tech stack; Bonus points for proven engineering experience on both synchronous server-authoritative backends and compute-constrained clients
- Student of Apple devices and their capabilities
- Proven experience implementing Apple frameworks, including GameKit and CloudKit
- Comfortable programming in C#; objective-C experience a plus
- 5+ years writing code
- Clear, concise communicator in English - both written and verbal
- International game industry experience or knowledge a plus
- Ability to empathize with people who oppose your position and successfully inspire others to join in on a shared goal
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, while executing the job at hand efficiently
- Willing and able to travel to visit developer partners (2x/quarter)
- Passion for gaming
Work closely with select Apple Arcade game developers to help their game shine on Apple devices. Examples include: profiling submitted game builds on various Apple devices, training game developers on how to use Apple profiling tools, troubleshooting implementations of Apple frameworks, recommending runtime or graphics performance optimizations, consulting on data storage and best-in-class privacy protection, reconciling identity service requirements with gameplay needs, reviewing technical design documents and providing recommendations to game developers. Share measurable insights with product teams and help define specifications for future roadmap features.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Computer Science preferred; equivalent professional, volunteer or other academic experience considered.