Digital Ad Tech/ Ops Manager
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an experienced Digital Ad Tech/Ops Manager to join the Apple Services Digital Marketing team in Culver City, Los Angeles. In this role you will manage a team of Ad Operations Specialists and work hand-in-hand with media strategy, analytics, creative, and campaign strategy teams, facilitating the execution and proper tracking of all go-to-market digital campaigns. You will be responsible for building structured process end-to-end, guiding strategy teams in the preferred ops briefing protocols, working with the analytics teams to ensure uniform tagging and granularity of measurement, performing ongoing QA within our tech stack, and evaluating potential net new ad tech/mar tech partnerships to further build on our capabilities. The team you will hire will be responsible for managing URL analytics coding, ad tag trafficking/generation, and troubleshooting for cross-channel digital activity across Apple Services LOBs. You will help to identify and develop best practices from both a creative and technical operations perspective while also overseeing soup-to-nuts ad tech platform workflows to ensure timely and accurate digital campaign launches. On this team, you will work across Apple’s suite of Services: Apple Music, TV+, Apple Card, Apple Arcade, Apple Podcasts, Apple Books, Apple News+, App Store and more.
- 8+ years of experience at a Digital Media Agency/In-House Agency group in an Ad Technology/Ops - leadership experience required
- Proven expertise with ad serving and DCO platforms with previous RFI / platform evaluation and on-boarding experience
- Process-driven and organized mindset; experienced and highly comfortable with establishing net new workflows from the ground up
- Strong troubleshooting skillset; Proficiency in recognizing tracking issues and backend discrepancies through thoughtful and thorough QA
- Experience with audience management, web analytics, tracking/reporting platforms
- Ability to develop and test solutions for tracking issues and/or tag implementation errors (coding experience a plus)
- Experience with QAing spec requirements and tag implementation with various publisher/DSP ad operations teams
- Keen sense of evaluating prioritization; Comfortability with communicating ongoing shifts in workflows and urgencies to your team
- Knowledge of various URL tagging structures (i.e. ad server/ MMP parameters and macros) and understanding of various attribution methodologies
- Experience in establishing systems and processes to create operational efficiencies
The Ad Tech/Ops Manager will have oversight of all aspects of technical campaign set up and ongoing management of ad tech platform integrations. The ad technology lead will have strong troubleshooting expertise for continual in-depth QA of all digital campaigns at every step pre-launch to post and be able to work seamlessly with the wider analytics team to ensure proper instrumentation and tracking. Management of creative functionality testing will also fall under the Ad Tech/Ops team to ensure that all technical spec requirements are met and that ads render correctly in the intended formats. As the Ad Tech/Ops Manager, you will lead the hiring and onboarding of this team, and will oversee Ad Ops Specialists’ performance, responsibilities, workload, and deliverables. Outside of tactical campaign execution and trafficking, the Ad Tech/Ops team will also be responsible for various operational workflows such as developing ad operations process documentation, maintaining relationships with pertinent ad tech partners, working with the analytics team to optimize naming convention structures, advising data analysts to ensure they are getting the best insights out of our ad tech metadata, and continually keeping up-to-date with industry standards (i.e. IAB). Management of various ad delivery systems, from evaluation and implementation, to configuration and ongoing QA will be vital in this role. Qualified candidates should have a good grasp of digital advertising trends and best practices, and have a solid understanding of various digital ad formats cross-channel.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required; 8+ years of advertising operations leadership experience required.