App Store & Arcade Data Scientist, Apple Media Products
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a results-oriented, passionate individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking a specialist Data Scientist to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for Apple Media Products (AMP) covering curation and user experience on App Store and Arcade. This role will involve working with Internet-scale customer engagement data across numerous media products, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis and building machine learning models to drive strategy. The team’s culture centers around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product and design, engineering, business, and marketing partners.
- 2+ years of experience in a Data Scientist or Data Analyst role, preferably from a role working with media content. Proven experience in mobile apps or games is a plus.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with Python, R or comparable scripting language. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred!
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (such as Tableau) for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- We seek experience using relevant statistical and machine learning methods for building predictive models and knowledge of A/B test experimentation design.
- Curious business mentality with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Excellent communication, social and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle work to tight deadlines and the pressure of executive requests.
Dive deep into large-scale data to uncover trends and identify key insights that will drive product and design strategy across App Store and Apple Arcade. Craft how best to supervise, measure and understand product and business performance, and develop new perspectives in these domains. Collaborate with business, marketing, finance and executive teams to generate regular presentations for C-level. Partner with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, evangelizing analysis and models, and redefining data. Your creative skills will be utilized daily.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or PhD in related field.