Setup & Migration Software Developer - Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Setup & Migration QA team is responsible for qualifying iOS and macOS Setup experience. This includes data migration from other devices. Our ideal candidate is a Software Developer - Test, with a passion for quality to join our ranks, and help us continue to improve, and deliver a simple, reliable and sophisticated out-of-the-box experience to our customers. Our team practices dynamic, fast-paced development that relies heavily on a tight relationship between developers and QA. We're looking for a motivated, organized, critical thinker with a proven aptitude for learning new technologies. The ideal candidate has the ability to understand complex systems, user scenarios, and develop data driven automation solutions. Equally important, is an unwavering passion for quality, a strong point of view on product design, and the user experience. A critical eye for detail, matched with an ability to see the big-picture would be desired. Team members are expected to own and champion quality for multiple cross-functional components. This includes active participation in feature design and engineering discussions, leading cross-functional testing efforts, planning and executing testing, and developing and maintaining automation infrastructure and tests.
- Strong, technical familiarity with Mac and iOS hardware and operating systems, with a broad knowledge of the Apple product and services ecosystem.
- Comfortable using a variety of UNIX command line tools to interrogate the state of the system, and obtain diagnostic information.
- Experience writing component level, and end-to-end automation tools and libraries, with a focus on client-side applications and operating systems.
- Experience owning/leading qualification effort of a feature or component area through multiple release cycles.
- Ability to work proactively and adapt frequently in a highly dynamic and cross-functional software development environment.
- Capable of performing quick triage, but also able to “deep-dive” technically when diagnosing problems, and communicate severity and impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to contextualize and articulate information to engineers and management
- Familiarity with C++, Objective-C or Swift
- Familiarity with data analytics, and continuous integration systems
Your primary role in the team will be to own and drive the qualification efforts for iOS and macOS Setup & Migration components and features on both shipping and development hardware and OSes. This role will have a strong emphasis on developing and maintaining automated tests and infrastructure. Additional responsibilities will include both documented and ad-hoc testing of changes made by software developers, and submitting those changes to the build. This will include defining and validating functional acceptance criteria for new features. Additionally, validating all software changes, performing standard regression testing and reporting bugs, ensuring no regressions are introduced into the build. You will be the gate for quality, and will be expected to be a strong advocate for both functional correctness and a polished user experience throughout the development process! Are you a curious, determined personality with ability to deconstruct sophisticated issues, and make progress and decisions in spite of incomplete information? Candidates interested in software development, but willing to begin their journey by ensuring that the quality of our software and user experience continues to surprise and delight our customers, are encouraged to apply!
Education & Experience
BS in CS or equivalent