Computer Vision Intern (CVPR 2020)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Combining groundbreaking machine learning and computer vision techniques with next-generation hardware, our teams take user experiences to the next level. We are looking for computer vision interns to join our teams in Cupertino, Seattle, and Portland for Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021.
- Expertise in at least one area of computer vision, machine learning, and computer graphics (e.g., deep convolutional neural networks, object detection, tracking, segmentation, AR/VR, image and video processing, 3D geometry, SLAM, multi-view geometry, simulation, graphics rendering)
- Strong experience in building early stage products
- A passion for creating innovative techniques, and making them robust and scalable
- Ability to distill vague product experiences into concrete problem definitions
- Skilled in explaining and presenting analyses and computer vision and machine learning concepts to a broad technical audience
- Solid programming skills with Python and/or C/C++
- Creative, collaborative, and innovation focused
As an intern of a computer vision team at Apple, you will use your deep understanding of computer vision, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to tackle meaningful technical problems, collaborate with the most innovative product development teams in the world, and transfer your ideas into solutions in the next generation of Apple products. You will perform fundamental research by defining, designing, implementing and evaluating algorithms involving unrivaled data and objectives.
Education & Experience
Must be enrolled in a PhD or Masters program in Computer Vision, Computer Science, or related field, with significant experience in state-of-the-art computer vision, machine learning and pattern recognition fields.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy.