Battery Management System Silicon & Firmware Delivery Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! As an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) within Apple's HW Technology organization, you will lead development activities of Battery Management Solutions (BMS) for a wide range of Apple products. We are looking for an upbeat EPM to support technically complicated projects where you are encouraged to bring to bear your engineering background to enable multi-functional teams to design and deliver sophisticated solutions. The Advanced BMS EPM leads a multi-functional team of battery, electrical, software and system engineers, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and communicate project risks and issues. They facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, they drive day-to-day program activities, meeting overall program objectives. The ideal candidate will understand the who, what and how of silicon (Si) and firmware (FW) development for battery vis-a-vis system interactions. The successful candidate will have experience enabling larger teams to deliver complex systems efficiently and with high quality, while bridging gaps between different engineering teams with a broad understanding of engineering concepts – algorithm and software. The EPM will be proficient in definition and have a proven record in supporting cradle to grave development models for Si and FW. The role will require leading a Si/FW development roadmap, plan and schedule, then efficiently lead execution of that plan, driving new Si IC justification and FW development sprints. Ability to deftly deliver executive communication is key, as this role has very high visibility with senior management.
- 7+ years of industry experience (preferable Battery or Consumer Electronics) of taking si technologies from concept definition to mass production. Understanding of BMS advantageous.
- 5+ years of technical project management experience in EE, Battery Management Unit, Modeling and / or Software.
- Technical Degree in EE required, experience in embedded SW is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Battery performance estimation and health, and Battery to Platform interaction desired.
- Experience in developing models with large data sets and test tools.
- Experience with battery charging algorithm and protocols a plus.
- Understand and facilitate battery policy decisions.
- Demonstrated adeptness in working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment - engaged and eager to learn.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and react proactively to create risk and impact mitigation.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and manage complex design tradeoffs.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity. Highly adept in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities.
• Develop project plans, lead, track and report progress to plan and drive solutions to address any/all identified gaps. • Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks, drive engineering discussions and decisions on critical system parameters. • Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives. • Identify and engage multi-functional partners for project definition decisions. • Develop and drive multi-functional validation plan for new Si and FW design. • Drive FW bug review and leads development sprint. • Communicate status and big picture to the project team and executive management.
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering Required; MSEE preferred