CAD Engineer- Analog/RF Matlab Flow & Methodology Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help develop the infrastructure used to design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions! Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As a member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and enhance Analog/RF Matlab simulation and modeling methodology to provide solutions for our design teams.
- Typically requires 5+ years of relevant experience in circuit simulations with Analog/RFIC design background and/or related CAD/automation support areas involving various technology nodes and tape out. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong ability to solve RF simulation issues, building RF components, writing automation scripts, analyzing S-parameters, RF measurements, network parameters with results analysis and visualization
- Experience with RF and microwave tool boxes including Control Systems toolbox, Optimization toolbox, Radio-Frequency Toolbox, Signal/DSP Toolbox and Simulink. Experience with Simulink Control Design and Coder along with ability with integration with Cadence Virtuoso Analog Design Environment MATLAB Integration option is preferred
- Proficiency with Spice, including Matlab support with Cadence environment support is desired
- Experience in evaluating simulation and environment related CAD tool/product applications, and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements
- Understanding of custom IC designs, and knowledge of Post-layout extraction
- Understanding behavioral models for AMS/EM circuits, experience in Verilog- AMS. Knowledge of PDK and spice models qualification
- Efficient programming skills in Matlab, C/C++, Fortran, Python, Perl, SKILL, TCL, or Shell. Ability to provide automations for rapid and dynamic design needs
- Knowledge in Perforce and/or regressions is a positive
- Knowledge in Virtuoso Schematic Editor, Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE-L/XL/GXL), pcells is a positive
- Strong teammate mentality with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work with multi-functional teams
- Proficiency with the Cadence Virtuoso Design Framework (dfII), including flow automation with SKILL, PDK knowledge, ADE family of tools is desired
The role requires working with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodology. While working in a small CAD team, you will be collaborating with the analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit design teams. You will also be partnering with layout design, technology, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and coordinate effort of developing and validating simulation flows, enhancing custom design environment, validating checks and doing results analysis.
Education & Experience
MS / PhD preferred in a technical field.