Product Design Engineer, Apple Maps-Navigation Data
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5-10 years of experience in computer mapping/GIS, navigation.
- 5+ years in product management defining & developing products.
- Experience working with international geospatial data.
- Ability to work with navigation data models with an understanding of how they are consumed.
- Experience defining product roadmaps and feature requirements.
- Ability to define data requirements, specs, and production processes.
- Ability to prioritize within constraints and assumptions.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
Apple is hiring a navigation data Product Design Engineer to define data requirements and perform feature prioritization to tackle some of the most challenging and visible problems in consumer navigation. You will work with highly collaborative teams across the organization to develop features and help define and deliver the right products for our users. You have excellent geospatial, communication and teamwork skills, combined with the maturity and initiative to deliver results. You can provide guidance and influence through data analysis and intuition alike. You relish the opportunity to define a world class product and see it come to fruition. You are passionate about quality and user experience. Responsibilities include: Defining product requirements for Navigation data features, providing a near term and futuristic view as appropriate. Define strategies and priorities for Navigation data across Engineering, Sourcing and Operations teams. Develop and maintain data product Road Maps for new features and market expansions. Generate new feature feasibility assessments with varying options and cost models. Work with Service Engineering to improve utilization and optimization of data conten Help develop quality and evaluation metrics to drive release go/no-go decisions. Trouble shoot, scope and develop plans to remedy data issues discovered through internal testing or customer feedback.
Education & Experience
B.S. or higher in Computer Science, GIS or equivalent program.
- Strong knowledge of navigable databases and market.
- Experience with mapping, GIS, or geospatial experience.