Instrumentation & Test Dev ME Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The sensor hardware technology team features a collaborative environment with creative, smart people, world-class products and cutting edge technologies. The team features opportunities for individuals to contribute across a wide spectrum of disciplines. Best in class engineering excellence and thoroughness is expected and encouraged. Pushing the envelope to support the design and shipping of innovative products is the main goal of the PPO Module Test development team at Apple. This individual will play a key role in building and leading a team of mechanical engineers to architect, design, and develop jigs, tools and machines for engineering characterization and/or for conducting production testing of touch module and display module.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of mechanical design & development experience, with leadership and/or manager responsibility.
- Background with Touch or Display Test Technology is preferred but not required
- Hands-on experience in tools and machine development for high volume production environment
- Knowledge in mechanical design in fine-pitch (<100um) contact fixture, with experience in integration and production
- Knowledge in optical test equipment design in TFT and OLED display platform
- Hardware designing proficiency using modeling, design and development tools
- Understand scientific method and experimental process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills are required
- Be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community environment.
- Knowledge in management techniques and people management skill
- Able to make international travel, not exceeding 20% of the time
This engineering manager will manage a group mechanical engineers to own the end-to-end mechanical development of tools and machines for touch and display modules, with responsibilities including: - Building and leading a team of 5 or more engineers. - Manage escalation and communication to higher management. - Review analyzed data and deliver presentations. - Review and support “By-design” mechanical analysis through the use of scientific methods, simulations and FMEA tools. - Mentor to engineers on delivering high quality and reliable tool and machine design. - Lead the team to generating design mechanical specifications, GR&R, and qualification processes. - Drive team to document known best practices and maintaining a library of proven designs. - Leading team to explore new horizon on touch and optical test equipment design, and automation. Brainstorming fixture design concepts and executing design through all phases of the development cycle. - Understanding and guide defining mechanical requirements for tools and machines. - Collaborate with cross-functional teams to architect methods, tools and machines for making measurements to new and emerging metrics. - Brainstorming mechanical design concepts and executing design through all phases of the development cycle. - Explore and search out new test development partner to deliver the next generation test solution. - Engage and drive team on defect root cause analysis and resolution, including diligent bug database tracking using Apple existing tools.
Education & Experience
BSME is required