Software Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Display Ecosystem Engineering team within the IMG delivers the GPU software for display, power-management, content-protection, and other technologies for Apple's systems. We are looking for a top-notch firmware, driver and system architect/engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will be a high-energy problem solver with a passion for excellence and a track record for getting the job done. We are looking for innovators, who have a passion for groundbreaking technologies, and who are driven to make a difference.
- Experience with writing and debugging complex drivers and related frameworks.
- Strong coding, reading and debugging skills in C & C++
- Strong object oriented programming skills in either C++ or Objective-C.
- Knowledge and understanding of OS fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of SW HW interfaces
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills. Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Ability to be effective in a cross-functional team and work independently with other groups to drive issues to resolution
As a member of the Display Ecosystem Engineering team, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of Display Driver architecture, design, development, debug and deployment: Own feature design, implementation, debug, and delivery of display and related technologies. Partner with both internal teams and vendor teams on display driver architecture Lead and carry forward highly complex software and hardware efforts.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field
- Technical understanding of display technologies is a plus but not required