Engineering Program Manager, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy!
- Results oriented, highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision in a cross-functional environment at detailed levels whilst taking account of interdependencies at higher levels.
- Deep understanding of analytics project flows and implementation of project management using agile scrum.
- Effective presentation, oral, and written business communication skills with various audiences and levels.
- Core abilities to manage complex schedules of multiple streams of work.
- Strong facilitation skills (design, problem resolution, progress, status meetings and the like).
- Ability to negotiate creative solution to complex problems.
- Be an effective decision maker able to balance the risks and benefits for the overall good of Apple.
- Keep a level head under high stress.
- Experience in data analysis, comfortable reading and understanding queries. Knowledge of data algorithms, tools, and analysis techniques is a plus.
- Proven past in technical, analytical and/or engineering project delivery and working with data analysts, data scientists, data engineers, and analytics leadership.
- Lead multiple, varying scope cross-functional projects, providing project leadership and daily management through end to end project life cycle. - Lead all aspects of project information including timelines, resource allocation, scope and definition – this includes include development of detailed project requirements and their monitoring. - Lead cross-functional business and operational requirements and expectations with realistic project plans. - Actively seek out and resolve cross-functional and business issues. - Assist management in assessing and prioritizing projects. - Actively seek problem resolutions. - Support internal and external groups. - Analyze data and report to management and others - Build a positive relationship with cross-functional internal organizations. - Navigate and execute in an environment of ambiguity and lead teams to the successful delivery of solutions. We are looking for a seasoned Program Manager with a consistent track record. You will need to have hands on experience managing design and development of analytical solutions and data products. You will be ready to work in partnership with data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists to drive the right results. You have keen abilities to motivate 3rd party partners, work in unison with them and deliver results that meet Apple standards.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in a quantitative field of study including statistics, math, economics or a related discipline