Privacy Program Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives! Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at massive scale and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Ad Platforms group has an immediate opening for a Privacy Program Manager. This is a hands-on role that will directly interact with teams in Ad Platforms and stakeholders across Apple to ensure that our rapidly expanding ads business safeguards the privacy of our users. The individual will work collaboratively across multiple disciplines such as engineering, product and program management, to help arrive at the best possible privacy approaches to deliver delightful experiences to our users, partners and customers.
- 5+ years of experience working in security, user privacy, compliance risk management in technology/data intensive environments.
- Knowledge of infosec and privacy frameworks & regulations (e.g., GDPR, ISO standards, etc.)
- Outstanding writing and communication skills; proficient in presenting to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Adept at balancing multiple projects with varied deadlines, managing diverse stakeholders and adapting to changing priorities
We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in best user friendly efficient way. Apple is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! - You will prioritize, coordinate, manage and facilitate privacy reviews with product/engineering teams and Privacy stakeholders across the company. - Manage status and reporting to provide project clarity to team members and leadership to ensure timely deliverables. - Document and disseminate frameworks and guidance from Apple Privacy. - Monitor changes in the Privacy landscape and keep the business informed of potential threats/impacts. - Develop processes to ensure that Ad Platforms products incorporate Apple’s privacy principles from ideation through execution. - Engage with compliance teams to ensure that controls for GDPR / CCPA and other applicable regulations are met. - Coordinate and contribute to responses to regulator inquiries as needed. - Provide privacy awareness training and help ensure that development teams adhere to policy and procedures to maintain privacy.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent program management/consulting/product management experience
- - CIPP / CIPT / CIPM is a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.