Operations Test Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. With the impressive growth of Apple's business we are creating new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products at Apple. We are currently seeking an individual with strong Test Engineering skills. The successful candidate will be based in the Cupertino area and will have an active engagement with the Hardware and Software Design and Operations teams in Apple.
- 5+ years of technical work experience in high volume consumer electronic manufacturing, preferably in computer, tablet or mobile phone.
- Excellent understanding of electronic assembly processes.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross functional teams including engineering, operations and business functions to meet business critical goals.
- Project management and people management will be a bonus.
- Proficient in computer architecture would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel to the worldwide manufacturing sites to work face to face with the local Test Engineering teams at key points in the product development cycle.
- 25% travel required
The Operations test engineering team is seeking for a highly motivated individual with a background in manufacturing test engineering. Plan, implement and maintain test solutions for new product introductions to Apple global manufacturing sites. Work closely with the Hardware and Software design teams to ensure the test equipment / processes required for the New Products meet the standards expected in a high volume manufacturing environment. Own the standardization and optimization of the test processes, to enhance quality and operational efficiency in production. Provide technical / product expertise to the regional test teams to ensure their readiness for the new products and in resolving any Test Engineering related issues through the life of the product. Conduct detail product failure analysis and drive issue resolutions. Aim for closure potential test gaps and correlations issues between our Vendors and manufacturing processes.. Proactively identify test related issues throughout product cycles and aim for timely resolution. Work closely with peers in other product areas to ensure the most optimal test processes across all products/sites. Prepare and present concise Test Engineering program status updates to the Exec team on a weekly basis.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Electrical Engineering.