Embedded Software and Framework/Driver Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group, you’ll ensure the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. At the heart of Apple’s Software organization, the Core OS team is responsible for the design and development of core technologies that are deployed across all Apple product areas including the iPhone, iPad, Watch, MacBook, iMac, and Apple TV (Yes, that’s pretty much everything!). As a member of the Core OS HID & Drivers team, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of HID/Sensor software infrastructure, design, development, debug and deployment.
- Experience with writing and debugging complex drivers and related frameworks
- Embedded System software/firmware development experience.
- Knowledge of C and C++
- Proven creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Excellent knowledge of system architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Work with a highly skilled engineering team in the design and implementation of drivers/services and frameworks Drive product features and functional/industry specifications Bring-up, verification, and debug of devices on new hardware platforms Work with cross-functional teams to support product requirements for embedded products Own feature design, implementation, and debug across kernel, user space, and proprietary co-processor runtime environments. Partner with both internal teams and vendor teams on HID device architecture and implementation. Lead and carry forward highly complex software and hardware efforts.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills
- Additional (Preferred) Requirements:
- Input technologies such as the Human Interface Device (HID) protocol
- Universal Serial Bus (USB)/Bluetooth/SPI or similar communication protocols