Wireless Technology Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! The Wireless Technology EPM is responsible for the technical management and support of engineering investigations and project development as part of Apple’s Hardware Technology team. The EPM leads a multi-functional team of skilled RF, EE, SW, and ME engineers to deliver wireless technologies to enable the optimal customer experience for Apple products including iPhone, iPad, Mac and more. This role investigates opportunities for project intersection, manages and tracks schedules, and communicates risks and priorities. The successful candidate will be driving day to day activities with the engineering team having the top level project goals in sight at all times. The EPM role is highly technical. The EPM will utilize a proven EE/RF background to understand technical details of multi-functional issues and risks. This will enable you to set the accurate priorities, put risk mitigation plans in place, and call out to executive management as required.
- At least 8 years of technology industry experience primarily in the wireless space. Experience in WiFi and Bluetooth is a plus.
- At least 3 years of technical project management experience.
- Experience with semiconductor design and manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written, including capability to drive executive meetings to make key decisions on wireless technologies.
- Experience working with wireless technologies in consumer/portable products.
- Strong technical background.
- Experienced in setting up project schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Ability to travel internationally.
• Lead multi-functional development teams. • Management and tracking of development schedules. • Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks. • Drive suppliers, integrate their work and schedules into the project. • Communicating status and the big picture to the project team and executive management. • Project risk assessment. • Drive multi-functional and vendor failure / root cause analysis and implement corrective action measures. • Synchronization of module and system development projects.
Education & Experience
• BS EE/CE degree required; MS desired