System Engineer - Cellular
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to join a team transforming hardware technology? We are searching for a talented engineer with 10+/- years’ experience to join our exciting team of innovators. In this role, you will be a key member of the system engineering team working on modem systems features and requirements.
- 10+ years of wireless system engineering experience in modem design including physical layer procedures as well as MAC and upper layer procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of wireless radio standards (including but not limited to 5G-NR, LTE, UMTS, 802.11ax, 802.11ad) and their implications on cross layer modem design and procedures.
- Demonstrated background in modem systems engineering including requirements analysis
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in leading technical initiatives across functional organization and with external partners
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
• You will be part of the team defining next generation cellular modem features and capabilities • You will define requirements based on evaluation of wireless standards, product requirements and cross functional and ecosystem alignment • You will provide derived requirements setting design targets for wireless subsystems and the modem baseband architecture • You will work with cross functional teams in evaluating cutting edge use cases and deriving requirements for the baseband modem • You will work with cross functional teams to ensure consistency of modem system requirements with longer term technology roadmaps • You will prepare and drive project decisions related to baseband modem capabilities and roadmap
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.