Frontend Developer - Strategic Data Solutions
Sacramento, California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple's Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team is seeking a Frontend Developer who possesses a keen eye for detail, a superb aesthetic sense, and a true passion for creating the best user experience. We are a small, close-knit team that uses a Human-Centered Design approach, combined with Agile Methodologies, to get things done quickly and effectively. The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for helping internal partners visualize and use large, complex data sets to drive impactful decisions across all of Apple’s product lines.
- Strong software development abilities
- In-depth hands-on experience with React or equivalent framework
- Confident being hands-on from initial wireframes, through prototyping, into building the final product.
- The ability to clearly present complex data in a consumable manner across multiple chart/graph types
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling (AJAX)
- Experience with data visualization frameworks such as D3
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, npm, etc.
- Experience with unit testing libraries such as Mocha, Jest, Chai, Enzyme
- Experience with code versioning tools and process
- Meticulous attention to technical and visual details
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility, and willingness to ask questions, learn and try new approaches
- Passion for simplicity
- Positive and able to adapt quickly to change
• Build complex user interfaces from the ground up using the latest web technologies • Develop new user-facing features using React • Collaborate with a diverse team of Designers, Developers, and Engineers • Communicate and present their work in a clear and simple manner • Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code • Innovate, collaborate and communicate effectively
Education & Experience
• BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Human Machine Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent