Senior Product Manager, Apple Music, Consumer
Culver City, California, United States
At Apple, we’re focused on building great products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our customers improve their quality of life. The Internet Software & Services (IS&S) team at Apple provides our global customers access to an incredible collection of amazing content and features across music, podcasts, movies, apps, books, news, and much more! We are looking for a Senior Product Manager with a passion for music to lead the consumer experience for Apple Music, someone who understands subscription services, the music industry, and music consumption; someone that brings creativity and humility, product sense and analytical skill, leadership and ability to collaborate. As the principle product lead for the listener experience, you will work closely with engineering, design, marketing, and data analytics to define and communicate product vision, roadmap, features and continuous iterations that further grow and differentiate Apple Music - and delight our customers!
- 8+ years of experience in software product development, ideally in a content subscription service. Experience in a product strategy or consumer growth role a plus.
- Strong consumer product instincts; you intuitively understand why product ideas will succeed.
- Fundamentally analytical and technical; you have the ability to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources, identify key insights, spot optimization opportunities, and inform product decisions.
- Deeply detail focused; you believe that an extraordinary product is the sum of an inordinate number of small, thoughtful decisions.
- Exhibit a bias towards action and experimentation.
- Produce articulate and inspired presentations to communicate your vision and plans.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a wide range of team members and job functions – all the way up to executives.
- Experience with global teams and international product expansion a plus.
- Experience with music industry and content preferred.
Lead a cross-functional team of product managers, data scientists, designers, engineers, program managers, and marketers to prioritize product enhancements based on impact. Execute rapidly and continuously iterate on the product design and service features to improve customer growth. Work hand-in-hand with engineering, design and data analytics partners to analyze results and synthesize findings. Deep curiosity to identify key opportunities and ability to develop experiment driven proposals. Own and deliver on key metrics each quarter. Clearly communicate strategy in a structured way to socialize your roadmap and report results. Stay on top of standard methodologies across the industry to develop a resource of growth tactics.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree or equivalent working experience.
- This is a Cupertino or Culver City based role.