SDET Engineer - Apple Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps team is looking for a Senior SDET with BigData experience to join our Eval Engineering team, helping us to better understand the intersection of data and services in building a better map. We work closely with Development Engineers, Data Scientists, and QA Engineers to measure and improve Apple Maps user experience. Eval Engineers at Apple Maps work with a variety of data sets including geospatial and vector data, aggregate statistics, data build and service logs. Our work spans across Apple Maps data build and service evaluation pipelines: data analytics , data quality and validation checks, batch and real time applications, and reporting. You will be contributing to a large scale data platform and providing end-to-end analytics solutions to transform raw metrics into actionable feedback for data, services, and software. Your data sets will help us determine successful data compression A/B tests and data encoding/decoding, monitor data transformations throughout the data build pipeline, and quantify the impact data churn has on Map Display and service(s) performance. The insights from your results will help engineering and design team produce high fidelity and beautiful Maps for millions of customers worldwide. We are looking for SDETs who love to build end-to-end analytics solutions for their customers and can produce high quality data artifacts at scale. The ideal candidate has experience implementing extendable frameworks on top of Spark and understands the inner workings of Spark execution.
- Passion for building trustworthy, reliable, stable and fast data products that serve customer needs.
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing and ETL.
- 5+ years of experience in working with large datasets and dimensional data modeling.
- Deep experience with schema design and dimensional modeling.
- 3+ years of recent handson experience with data processing using Spark, MapReduce and Spark SQL.
- Experience with SQL statements.
- Experience with real time data processing using Kafka or Spark Streaming.
- 5+ years of considerable daily experience with Java or Scala and Python.
- Ability to manage and communicate data warehouse plans and requirements.
Design, build, and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines. Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval. Design and develop new data processing systems to enable quick and easy consumption and augmentation of data. Partner with DataScience, Development and QA Engineering teams to understand Apple Maps data needs. Manage data warehouse plans for your area of responsibility. Build data expertise and develop methods to monitor data and services quality. Define and manage SLA fordata sets in your area of responsibility. Partner with Data Platform Engineers to triage issues and drive them to resolution.
Education & Experience
B.S or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in building algorithmic data quality checks.
- Experience developing thresholds on historical data sets.