Perception SW Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we are looking for a hardworking, dedicated, and results-oriented software engineer to develop and integrate complex autonomous systems. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a multi-functional team on an innovative multi-platform hardware/software product.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience in C/C++
- Demonstrated experience in one of the following areas: computer vision, 3D geometry, computational geometry
- Proficient understanding of algorithm and data structures
- Strong 3D math and linear algebra skills
- Demonstrated creative, critical and independent thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written skills
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
You will use 3D geometry and computer vision methods to design, develop and deploy perception modules in our autonomous system - Experience with Python programming - Experience with Parallel (tbb / OpenMP) programming - Experience with GPU programming - Experience with robotics systems
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another related field, with a specialization in robotics algorithms