Sr. Machine Learning Engineer - Perception ML Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a talented, proactive, and results-oriented Senior Machine-Learning Systems software engineer to help advance state-of-the-art of perception for autonomous technologies. In this position, you will be at the intersection of machine learning and high-performance compute, utilizing expertise in these areas in order to build a large-scale, machine-learning training and evaluation environment that is scalable, reliable and a pleasure to use. You will work on implementing new algorithms for efficient, large-scale, distributed DNN training and inference. Profile and optimize current DNN training code. Understand where the current bottlenecks are and how to address them. Perform studies regarding best hardware configuration and software libraries to use as a projection of our near and long term needs.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in production environment in at least one of the following: Python, C++, CUDA.
- Graduate level education in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree.
- Demonstrated creative, critical and independent thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Passion for optimization.
- Experience in building efficient distributed training infrastructure for machine learning.
- Familiarity with Deep Neural Networks and modern platforms (Pytorch, TensorFlow).
- Experience with implementing parallel and distributed algorithms in HPC context: MPI, OpenMP, TBB in C/C++ or GPGPU programming using CUDA.
- Experience with distributed cloud compute using modern open source libraries.
The Team You will join a fantastic team of exceptional engineers and researchers with deep experience in robotics, machine learning, and software engineering. We have a clear mission and always strive for the best possible result. We search for solutions as a team and value clear-eyed feedback. Time constraints and big goals encourage us to sharpen our focus and force us to make the right decisions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor degree or Masters in computer science/ML equivalent professional experience.