Software Engineer, Autonomous Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
You love learning and being challenged, hands-on, eager, curious and never satisfied with the status quo. Apple's Autonomous Systems Group is looking for a highly motivated robotics and software engineer to join the team. You will develop, test, and deploy ground breaking autonomy algorithms on a large robotic system, taking part in the development of innovative products. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Be an indispensable part of a team of engineers and scientists developing state-of-the-art prediction, planning, and decision-making algorithms
- Help drive the design and implementation of algorithms that run in the robot to model autonomous interactions with the surrounding world.
- Test your work in simulation and on real-time systems, review field data, and improve the current system.
- Background in motion planning, decision making, estimation, and control systems.
- Experience programming autonomous robots and modeling multi-agent systems.
- Proficient understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience analyzing logs from simulation and field testing.
- Strong C++ and Python development skills.
- Background in hybrid systems, game theory, and multi-agent behavioral modeling. - Familiarity with real-time, multi-process, multi-threaded coding. - Proficient using the command line in Linux. - Experience with 3D geometric math. - Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
Education & Experience
M.Sc. or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, or equivalent professional experience.