App Store Marketing Data Scientist - Culver City, CA
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking an experienced Data Scientist who is passionate about motivating change through the intersection of data and marketing. As an App Store Marketing Data Scientist, you will help evolve our App Store paid media programs through attribution, A/B test optimization, and LTV prediction/modeling. Your work will directly influence the App Store’s strategy for driving billings and revenue growth. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous customer touch points, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis, and deliver impactful data products that drive key marketing decision. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way. We encourage independent decision-making and taking smart risks. AMP Data Science collaborates with partners across marketing, business, product, design and engineering teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through deep quantitative research of the App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple TV amongst other services.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Scientist or Data Analyst role, preferably for a technology, digital media, or digital marketing business.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- We seek experience with Python, R, or other object-oriented programming languages!
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau and Lookr.
- Experienced using relevant statistical packages to build predictive/ML models and knowledge of experimentation design.
- Strong knowledge or experience working in digital advertising and marketing campaign measurement.
- We also seek curious business attitude with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Excellent communication, social and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
Dive deep into large-scale data to uncover trends and identify key insights that will propel App Store marketing strategy. Craft how best to monitor, measure and understand App Store performance. Build out datasets and automated dashboards to aid channel and campaign performance monitoring/management. Partner with stakeholders to optimize App Store media campaign efficiency and deliver in-depth analysis and strategic insight. Provide ad-hoc analysis and support for priority campaigns and A/B tests. Build multi-touch attribution models across various marketing touch points. Develop effective attribution logic that will serve as benchmarks for optimization. Establish affinity and propensity models to refine campaign audience selection! Regularly partner with data engineering teams on instrumentation, ETL requirements, and QA. Collaborate with the ML Data Science team to translate predictive / probabilistic ML prototypes into production models. Partner with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, evangelizing key performance indicators and democratizing data. Your creative problem solving skills will be utilized daily.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or PhD in related field.