Power System Engineering Project Manager (EPM)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Power PD EPM ensures projects run smoothly for the development of power adapter systems. This EPM role will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on engineering design, development planning and validation cycles. This EPM will be responsible for managing the development and implementation process for one of Power Product Design teams.
- 4+ years of overall industry experience shipping consumer electronics/Power adapter products.
- Combined experience in project management and mechanical engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high aesthetic quality.
- Experience collaborating with Operations, Mechanical Engineering/Design and Marketing.
- Experience in working with China OEMs in high volume production products
- Strong multidisciplinary, technical background
- Impeccable organizational, multi-tasking, and management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives. The role will create and track project schedules and also initiate cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors. As project manager in charge of Product Design and development phase of the project, this person will collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations managers, marketing managers and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and product quality goals. Lead multi-functional communication between project teams and external vendors. Possess strong presentation skills. Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision making. This individual must be adept at offering multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. Additional Requirements: Willingness and ability to travel internationally (~15-20% of time)
Education & Experience
BS ME degree or equivalent
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.