Software Engineer, Motion Planning
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a hardworking, dedicated, and results-oriented senior software engineer. You will drive the debugging and optimization of existing software as well as the design and implementation of state-of-the-art software for autonomous systems. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 4-5 years of field experience developing high quality, performance critical software
- Proficient in object oriented design
- Strong C++ and Python development skills
- The burning dream and proven skills to write robust and portable code.
- Proven creative, critical and independent thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
You will design and develop runtime performance-critical code. She/he will dive deep into existing software to: debug critical issues; find performance hotspots; and optimize the code. You will develop robust, execution-time critical software with an emphasis on planning for autonomous systems. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS - Participate in an Agile development environment - Experience with Real Time Optimization, Machine Learning is a plus - Good communication skills and ability to work effectively cross team - Experience in embedded software development is an advantage - Experience with full software development lifecycle
Education & Experience
B.Sc. M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Robotics, Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering, Controls, Computer Science