Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for talented, proactive, and results-oriented robotics engineers to join our team and work together on exciting technologies for complex autonomous systems. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a multi-functional team on an innovative multi-platform hardware/software product.
- Experience developing algorithms to solve problems in any of these domains: scene understanding, classification or activity recognition
- Familiarity in any combination of these technologies: computer vision, robotics, machine learning, Bayesian filtering and inference, state estimation, probabilistic graphical models
- 3+ years experience developing and integrating with multi-sensor real-time systems
- Very strong C++ development skills
- Experience with Python and developing in the Linux and/or Mac OS environment
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong social and verbal/written/presentational skills. This includes working with peers, managers, and multi-functional teams
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and follow through to task completion despite roadblocks or distractions
- Ability to adjust priorities with technical expertise and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
You will develop, deploy and scale sophisticated autonomous algorithms, and manage the integration and test of software releases on a large robotics system. You will also review system performance, triage and fix issues, and identify improvements to the current system. We search people that have the relevant experience, a good attention to detail, an aptitude for learning new skills, and enjoy working in teams to achieve common goals.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in robotics, computer science or equivalent professional experience. Alternatively, a comparable industry career with proven track record of successful projects.