Firmware Security Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Core Platform team within Apple's CoreOS organization brings Apple’s iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, and wearable products to life. The ROMs and firmware we develop are at the foundation our devices’ security. We are looking for a motivated software engineer to bring our firmware security to the next level. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in an innovative environment. Your work will have a real impact on Apple products and features, from the software down to the silicon. As an Apple employee, you'll be part of a company whose commitment to user privacy is at the heart of everything we do. You'll be surrounded by the most creative, passionate, and talented engineers in the industry, constantly being challenged to go beyond the norm to find new, innovative ways of solving problems and to make devices safer, easier, and more fun to use.
- A passion for embedded development and security
- Highly proficient in C/C++ with a test-driven mindset
- Experience in embedded firmware environments
- Understanding of software vulnerabilities and mitigations
- Familiarity with secure boot and related cryptographic applications
- Creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
Improve firmware architecture and APIs to build security into the core. Deploy security mitigations suitable for use in an embedded environment. Work with multi-functional teams to extend secure boot technologies. Collaborate with testing organizations to verify security features and fuzz for vulnerabilities. Contribute to the software and hardware roadmap for new security features on a range of platforms, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and wearables.
Education & Experience
Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field.