Silicon Validation Hardware Engineering Project Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Hardware Technology Organization (HW Tech), is seeking an inventive, high-energy Engineering Project Specialist (EPS) to assist our silicon validation teams with material management and distribution, enabling innovative Apple products. The preferred candidate is a confident organizer who can prioritize issues, track details and never stop learning. You will be responsible for coordinating the critical resources necessary to support the validation of new silicon projects. This position will collaborate with multi-functional teams to provide engineering support for the development and validation of groundbreaking silicon material, spanning from the engineering design phase through product launch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience, preferably in a High Tech or Computer related industry. Prior experience in a R&D environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing, coordinating and maintaining multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable working with multiple, diverse engineering teams.
- Able to exert thoughtful influence in a matrix organization - must be a great teammate.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented.
- Self-starter and can work with ambiguity.
- Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically.
- Highly proficient working with numbers.
- Ability to react and respond to changes in a time sensitive environment, stays calm when pressured.
- Proficient in Apple and MS productivity tools (spreadsheet, presentation and documentation).
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
• Develop/handle system hardware allocation plans in reference to silicon and product development programs. • Understand silicon engineering teams’ validation requirements in order to anticipate obstacles and plan for risk mitigation when necessary. • Track build and delivery schedules, ensuring that HW Tech receives material according to plan. • Communicate material delivery schedules/deviations to silicon validation partners, so they can adjust validation expectations and timelines accordingly. • Prioritize scarce resources among all teams, aligning with goals set by management team. • Negotiate allocation shortages and collaborate with other multi-functional teams to share resources. • Track inventories to ensure all system hardware is allocated according to the current needs and goals of the teams. • Report on allocation status: requests, approvals, distributions and material outstanding. • Attend appropriate meetings representing HW Tech board allocation/schedule status. • Handle critical issues that might stem from a material shortage or schedule slip. • Work with product and component DRIs to procure special material for HW Tech teams on an as needed basis.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Degree, Computer Engineering/EE/CS preferred.