RFIC Packaging Design Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here! At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Apple is seeking an experienced RFIC package design manger to support RF and 5G products. In this highly visible role, you will own and drive advanced package/SIP selection, structure and configuration optimization. You will be responsible for package/SIP layout, SIPI optimization, design verification and tape out.
- We are looking for someone ideally with 8+years work experience in RF packaging design area, familiar with package design tools such as Cadence APD/SIP; Familiar with Cadence Concept HDL for schematic review, experience in schematic capture and system integration
- Ideal candidate will have good understanding in micro-electronic package structure, mechanical, electrical and thermal performance. Familiar with various package type and understand trade-offs, constraints
- Design experience of RFIC and 5G packages, SIP or module,
- Deep understanding in system specification and IC design, ability to work with design teams to translate IC/system requirement into package/SIP configuration
- Knowledge of signal and power integrity, familiar with SIPI tools (HFSS, XIM). Knowledge of high-speed layout constraints (Crosstalk mitigation, differential pairs, EMI/RFI, PCB/Package resonance)
- Strong knowledge of Design Rules Check (DRC) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM); Familiar with layout/artwork review tools such as CAM350/Valor or Calibre (CAD experience preferred).
As a packaging design Lead/Manager, your team is going to be responsible for providing packaging solutions and make sure the package/SIP solution is for mass production for Apple wireless and Cellular chips. Work with cross-functional teams including platform architecture, PD, SOC design, system, SIPI, package assembly and technology to understand system requirements and physical design limitations; Drive co-optimization of physical design on MLB, SIP, package, and silicon; Define package type, conduct feasibility study and implement the physical layout; You work cross-functionally, optimizing silicon floor plan, bump placement and package pin out. To optimize signal/power integrity of package/SIP design. Drive methodology, innovations, and productivity improvements in package/SIP design together with vendors and developers on feature development and bug resolution.
Education & Experience
Bachelors required. MS or higher degree preferred.