RF Application Engineer
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Join our Wireless team and drive innovation that matters! We’re looking for engineers with good fundamentals in RF, communication, software and signal processing to join the growing Instrument Engineering team at Apple. This small team of extraordinary engineers designs and produces precision RF and Analog Test Equipment for use in calibrating and testing the Cellular. WiFi, BT, mmWave etc. radios in millions of iPhones, iPads, Macs and Watches. All members of the team bring their own unique expertise to collectively take internal Apple products from concept to mass production. Each internal product is designed to Apple's exacting standards resulting in breathtaking test equipment that maintains the quality, accuracy and function of commercially available offerings.
- Excellent understanding of RF fundamentals and communications theory
- Ability to write efficient, scalable Python, C or C++ code
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts & scalable software design principles.
- Tech-savvy and proficiency working with Unix/Linux systems. Shell programming.
- Basic electronics background: PLLs, RF Amplifiers, Impedance matching, SPI controls.
- Basic understanding of DSP concepts.
- Familiar with RF calibrations and RF metrics
- Hands-on experience with RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, vector signal generators, power sensors, etc.
- Basic understanding of wireless standards like LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth.
- Strong energy and aim to thrive in a start-up like environment.
- Traveling of 25% is required.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that cultivates engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Multifaceted, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are an inventive engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We see the more you have to the following as a BONUS:: • 3+ years of confirmed experience or equivalent • Recent experience in developing test solutions for various wireless technologies • Recent experience developing new software applications or drivers on any platform • Recent experience with current and upcoming wireless RF standards (e.g. 5G, mmWave, WiFi 802.11ax, 802.11ay, Bluetooth 5.0) • Proven track record crafting calibration algorithms for Tx Power, RSSI, pre-distortion, or IQ mismatch • Familiarity with tools that enable high volume manufacturing of these technologies
Education & Experience
Your BSEE is needed, and we highly value MSEE.