Sr. Engineering Manager, Video Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications group develops high-profile media creation applications used by millions of people. Our professional video applications, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor, are state-of-the-art tools which creative professionals rely on for everything from broadcast news to feature films and nature documentaries. Our user base is passionate and loyal, and our products sit at the center of a rich partner ecosystem in a vibrant industry. The Video Applications group is looking for a hands-on technical engineering manager to help build future professional video solutions on Apple platforms.
- 8+ years industry experience in software development, including previous experience as a lead.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineering manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver world-class user experiences under tight deadlines.
- Strong programming and software design skills.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- AppKit and/or UIKit experience with Swift and Objective-C.
- Prior experience with digital video or highly interactive computer graphics very desirable.
As a leader and engineering manager in Video Applications you will be part of a cross-functional team defining and developing new features and products that unlock opportunities for user creativity while advancing the state of the art and demonstrating the capabilities of Apple platforms. Your team will be involved in all phases of the product cycle, from conception and prototyping through to the final polish, in collaboration with a range of partners both inside and outside the company.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CS/CE or equivalent work experience