Sr. User Interface Engineer, Video Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications group develops high-profile media creation applications used by millions of people. Our professional video applications, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor, are state-of-the-art tools which creative professionals rely on for everything from broadcast news to feature films and nature documentaries. Our user base is passionate and loyal, and our products sit at the center of a rich partner ecosystem in a vibrant industry. The Video Applications group is looking for a hands-on engineer experienced in crafting elegant UI solutions and comfortable interfacing with the low-level data model. In this role you will help refine our video creation software by combining your passion for UI design and engineering expertise to develop & maintain key product features.
- 5+ years of commercial software experience
- Extensive AppKit and/or UIKit experience
- Strong C++, Objective-C, and Cocoa programming experience
- Passion for designing and coding user interfaces
- Good sense of UI design, highly user-oriented, and obsess over details
- Experience debugging and improving user interface responsiveness
- Solid object-oriented design experience, and demonstrated knowledge of software development processes such as feature design, estimation, development, and maintenance
- Experience maintaining a framework
The Pro Video team is responsible for Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor. As an engineer on the Compressor team you’ll help design and build the next set of features within our products and shared framework. You will collaborate with other engineers, design and QA teams to create amazing user experiences. This is an extraordinary opportunity to make key contributions to some of Apple’s flagship applications that reach millions of users.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science