Product Design Engineer - FEA
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Help Apple grow the iPhone, Watch, or other Apple product structural modeling and characterization team as a member of the product design structural analysis team. We are responsible for FEA modeling, engineering analysis, and material characterization, along with verification and validation of these mechanical simulation models.
- Rigorous knowledge of Solid Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Passion for creating innovative, high quality products
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred experience in static and dynamic Finite Element Analysis (preferably in handheld/portable/wearable electronic products)
- Preferred experience with FEA software such as Abaqus or similar
- Preferred experience in using good modeling practices including model validation techniques
- Preferred experience in failure modeling of different classes of materials
- Preferred experience in testing including methods using Digital Image Correlation, Universal Testing Machines, and Dynamic Mechanical Analysis
We are fully integrated with the product design team from the earliest stages, analyzing and informing the mechanical design of cutting-edge products. You will also work with the multi-functional teams within Apple and with outside vendors to characterize the strength of raw materials and components.
Education & Experience
Required: BS in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, or similar Preferred: MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, or similar