Merchant Business Development and Partnership Manager –Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The Wallet, Payments and Commerce organization is seeking an experienced Business Development professional to join the Merchant Business Development and Partnerships team to structure partnerships and strategic alliances with merchant and developer partners in the Americas. Partnerships will be oriented towards securing acceptance of Apple Pay platform features across merchants’ physical POS systems and within their Apps and eCommerce sites. The BD Manager will be responsible for the end to end business development including identifying and screening strategic partners, defining product roadmap to optimize customer experiences, developing successful marketing programs, and negotiating and closing commercial agreements. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and knowledge of contactless payment processing for card present/card not present environments; understanding of POS, mPOS; terminal hardware and related POS software; application development/modern payment API and emerging mobile payments. Proven passion to ideate, build and deliver new, innovative customer experiences with merchants through the introduction of Apple Pay platform features is a plus. The candidate will work closely and optimally with Apple Pay marketing, product and engineering teams to jointly identify partnership strategies and launch programs that impact core business metrics. Candidates should have a proven track record of building and sustaining strong, successful relationships across traditional consumer verticals, consumer internet companies and emerging start ups. Applicable experience developing and scaling new business programs within digital payments preferred. This is a full time position in Apple Pay and is located in our Cupertino, CA headquarters.
- 10+ years of professional experience with 6+ years in business or market development at multiple companies in the commerce and internet segments.
- 8+ years experience working with national retailers, PSPs, platform providers and leading e-commerce merchants within the payment industry.
- Deep experience negotiating business and technical terms across multiple internal and external partners.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside of Apple.
- Strong ability to influence without authority, sell concepts internally and actively drive streamlined decision making across partners.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a dynamic environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering projects to completion with minimal mentorship.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans at the organizational level, including key landmarks.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative), and drives appropriate performance tracking and analysis.
- Expertise building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- A deep understanding of product marketing, financial acumen, analytical rigor and a passion for emerging mobile and web products.
- Upbeat and collaborative teammate who feeds off of goal setting and achievement.
Lead and partner with cross-functional teams through all aspects of partner and business case development, product requirements, negotiation, integration, testing and go-to-market launch plans. Work with Apple product and engineering teams to influence product roadmap and provide feedback from partner landscape. Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results. Travel required, as needed.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S./M.S. EE/CS or equivalent required, MBA preferred