Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
At Apple, we’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. Everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other's ideas stronger. That passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our internal practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. The AppleCare Service Documentation team is searching for a hardworking Technical Writer to create operational procedures and announcements for Apple's service providers. This content directs how service is performed for all Apple products by service providers worldwide to help millions of Apple customers. This role is located on our campus in Austin, Texas.
- Content development experience with a Fortune 500 consumer products company
- Demonstrated ability to write documentation that is clear, concise, consistent, accurate, and fulfills the needs of the audience
- Ability to build good working relationships with an established team and cross-functional partners
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and reprioritize for changing needs of the business
- Quick learner
- Proficiency with written and verbal English language
- Expert attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience using HTML, word processing, spreadsheet, collaboration, and ticket-tracking software
- Experience using style guides (e.g., The Chicago Manual of Style)
The successful candidate will work closely with service readiness project managers and service channel managers worldwide to create world-class service content and communication assets. Responsible for the timely capture of documentation requirements and the creation of accurate operational procedures, the person in this role creates engaging content while ensuring continuity of tone and nomenclature across many service content assets. Comfortable working alone and in team contexts, the person in this role consults with a variety of partners, reviewers (subject matter experts, marketing, legal), and copyeditors throughout the content creation cycle. Well-versed in documentation tools and practices, as well as content management workflows, the person in this role demonstrates experience and good judgement to continuously drive documentation and process improvement across multiple, simultaneous projects and systems. Responsibilities: Author clear and concise operational content. Adapt tone and nomenclature of content to the needs of the intended audience. Participate in relevant core team meetings throughout a project lifecycle. Prioritize tasks and deadlines in a highly dynamic environment. Continuously refine content authoring processes for greater efficacy. Contribute to system requirements and infrastructure projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent experience