Cellular RF System Engineer - RF Control
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. We have built the best wireless hardware design team on the planet. Come join us as a key member of Apple’s multi-location team (Linz/Munich/San Diego/Santa Clara Valley), and drive cellular wireless standards innovation for our next generation wireless products used by millions! Are you ready to do your life's best work?
- We would like you to have 5+ years of RF experience and direct expertise in RF system engineering.
- Hands-on knowledge of cellular radio standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5GNR) and familiarity with complex multi-mode, multi-band RF solutions and their control in hardware and software.
- Excellent knowledge about system architecture and digital system design, HW-SW split, HW design and development.
- Strong programming skills in languages like Python, C, C++.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong Technical Writing Skills.
In this highly visible role, you will be part of an elite RF Systems Cellular Team. We are tasked with driving cellular radio technologies addressing GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G NR and beyond. You will work closely with other system engineering teams, RF and modem design teams, and software teams to help developing and supporting world class RF solutions. Focus of the job will be the interworking and the interfacing between RF part and modem part including physical interface, TRX API and RF-BB interworking use cases. Occasional travel including international may be required.
Education & Experience
BS/MSEE required, PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.