Maps Platform Software Engineer - Integration
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Maps do more than just get us from point A to point B. They let us know where we stand in the world, help define our communities, and highlight what is of cultural importance to us. This engineer will develop and integrate Java and Python software to deliver content from Spark based distributed maps data pipelines. Software development and integration skills combined with a readiness to engage and drive development stories with many stakeholders is key. Join a crew of passionate, creative engineers motivated by challenging problems of scale that impact every Maps user.
- Strong hands on technical data pipeline operational and problem solving skills
- Java/Scala and Python development expertise
- Excellent communication and organizational skills collaborating with multi-functional multiple site teams
- Distributed processing pipelines expertise—Spark/Hadoop, Splunk
- A track record of defining, developing, and delivering reliable software solutions
You will be defining, implementing, and rolling out system solutions to improve and expand maps data ingest pipelines. This includes understanding the complex pipeline and data generation architecture to boost speed, reliability, and quality. The role involves both software development in a collaborative environment along with ownership of and support for end products and deliveries. You will dive deep into the map data to understand corner cases and interactions with the data pipelines. You will also pursue automation strategies to enable greater scale of growing delivery needs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in CS or related field
- - Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- - Familiarity with OpenStreetMap (OSM) or commercial map data, with hands on GIS/geo data experience
- - A proven ability to assess data quality and identify data flaws and issues in detail
- - Software test automation experience