Senior Hardware System Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking an adventurous electrical engineer to join our strong growing engineering team and work on revolutionary future Apple products. This is a design engineering position that entails working with cross functional groups to continually challenge the boundaries of technology implemented in Apple’s new products. This is your opportunity to shape the next new thing.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant industry experience designing and shipping consumer electronics
- Great EE fundamentals (analog/digital design, board level design, signal/power integrity, interconnect, RF coexistence, EMC, etc)
- Familiar with leading PCB technology, SIP, flex, and electrical design and characterization of the following areas: PCIe GEN3/4, USB2/3/4, LPDP, MIPI and I2C/SPI/UART buses.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Microcontrollers/SoC, battery, power management, low power design, audio/camera/display/wireless integration and measurement, sensor design and integration.
- Expertise in board CAD tools including Cadence Concept & Allegro
- Comfortable in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers etc.
- Experience designing high volume products from concept to mass production and dealing with contract manufacturers is desired.
- Command line interface and scripting skills
- Experience with prototype bring-up, debugging, validation and factory testing is a plus
Upon joining our team as a Hardware System Integrator, you will be directly applying your engineering expertise and working with many cross-functional teams to realize products that consumers will love! We collaborate with a large number of groups including: Architectures, PD, Software, User Experience, Silicon Engineering, DFM, HW test, and many others to bring a product from concept to mass production. Our goal is to create exciting product features that will touch our customers. Therefore you’ll have the ability to solve challenging engineering problems by pushing the technology boundaries, innovating novel ideas, selecting components, designing block diagrams, designing schematics, directing layout and hardware bringing up/ debugging circuits in the lab. You will lead investigations and develop proposals where necessary to help with the product development efforts. You will have access to state of the art test equipment in labs to perform characterization of your circuits. You will also be able to define test criteria and execute these test plans on functional prototypes to demonstrate the robustness of your designs. Our team occasionally travel domestically and oversees so that we are able to work alongside our manufacturing partners to ensure success of the product.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent