Software Engineer- HD Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Apple Maps Special Projects Team to craft the future of Apple Maps in a team of scientists and Software Engineers!
- 1-2 years of experience in C, C++, Java, Rust, Swift, or equivalent languages.
- Experience on client-side or server backend applications.
- Experience with development on Linux, macOS, iOS, or similar UNIX-like OS.
- Self-starter with an independent attitude.
- Ability to work on open-ended research projects.
- Interest to collaborate with scientists on implementing new algorithms in the areas of machine learning, data mining, statistics, routing and computational geometry
You will be a key member of a team that is pursuing future products that will use Apple Maps. In that role, you will be expected to think out-of-the-box, collaborate with scientists to implement a set of research hypotheses into prototypes for potential products. You will also help build frameworks that enable further explorations and prototyping to happen more quickly.
Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Preferred, but not necessary:
- - Familiarity with Geo Spatial data