Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you passionate about Apple's outstanding products? Will you help us design the next generation of Apple products? Join us in developing creative solutions to deep engineering challenges. You will become an integral part of a team that champions engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. In this highly collaborative role, you will lead project management efforts between a variety of Apple engineering teams and external partners to build state of the art technologies for world-renowned Apple products. The Beats team is seeking an engineering project manager to help drive collaborative discussion between cross-functional engineering and design teams to develop feature definition and drive program execution. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
- 8-10 years of experience in product development from early concept phases through production, with exposure to both hardware and software consumer product development process.
- 5 years project management experience and experience with developing new products to launch
- History of balancing cross functional, Supplier / Partner relationships with engineering teams
- Strong background in hardware technologies and experience with system integration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams and interact, influence, collaborate, and negotiate optimally at all levels of management and across partner relationships
- Experienced with developing and managing program plan and budget throughout all phases of a program
- Knowledgeable of one or more technologies: wireless, audio, battery, sensors, ergonomics, UX/UI, and embedded software
- In this dynamic position, you will coordinate and drive early engagements on product feature definition and program execution. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Strong communication and experience across and between a diversity of engineering and design teams is critical to build exceptional products. - Break down complex software/hardware issues into discussion topics to drive engineering and design alignment with support from project team - Develop and consolidate technology and product feature plans feeding into the product concept lock - Communicate development and feasibility needs, establishing milestones for checkpoints and status updates and drive alignment across the organization and between teams, also to our executive team. - Coordinate with teams to identify issues, risks and tradeoffs to enable quality decisions - Manage and foster key partner and CM relationships and communication - Maintain an orientation toward teamwork and collaboration
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines. - M.S. is highly desired - English - US