Optical Test Development Engineer (HM: Eddie Tran)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
PPOS-T team is seeking for an exceptional optical test development engineer with responsibilities for research, development, evaluation, qualification and deployment of test solutions for various optical sensing modules.
- In-depth understanding of lasers and free space optics characterization and test methodology.
- Hands-on experience with optical instrumentations setup (cameras, precision stages, controllers, lasers, optical components, etc.)
- Knowledge in volume production test equipment Gauge R&R, correlation, failure analysis, data analysis, design of experiments, etc.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Optics, Electrical, SW and/or Mechanical.
- Self-motivated and passionate in delivering best in class test solutions.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Experience and background in one or more of the below area preferred:
- Optical measurement system, light sources and optical system simulation.
- 2D/3D CAD fixture design and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Prototype/Bench test setup.
- C/C++ programming and/or board level firmware development.
- Electrical and mechanical noise isolation.
- Industry experience in test engineering
Collaborate with cross-functional team and vendors for research, development and deployment of optical test equipment involving laser sources, sensing module, motorized stages/actuators and a variety of optical elements (lenses, filters, mirror, etc) for high volume manufacturing. Authoring fixture design, testing, qualification and buy-off requirements document and ensure fixture are in compliance to all requirements for deployment. Provide onsite support during fixture bring-up and build support. Perform data analysis and make recommendations based on data. Transfer test infrastructure ownership to operation team during ramp up phase and serve as a consultant to operation team during mass production phase. Provide regular update on project status, issues/resolutions and help needed to cross-functional team and executives.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Optics, Physics or equivalent
- Frequent travel to suppliers' facilities will be required for tester bring up and build support.