Program Manager, Maps - Display Layers
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is the most popular mapping application on iOS. We offer an incredible, connected experience across the Apple ecosystem – iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, CarPlay – and are delivering the future of maps to hundreds of millions of customers. This is a hands-on, multi-functional, highly-engaged job. A phenomenal PM is the beating heart of their team.
- Delivers high-quality display data across the world.
- Drives logistics of data delivery roadmap, including alignment of all touchpoints along the data lifecycle.
- Communicates and drives closure of readiness, timing, and program risks across org.
- Improves efficiency, reliability, and usability of production processes.
- Works with Policy, Analysis, Services, Tools, and Ops partners to make sure systemic issues have both a near-term and long-term resolution with clear delivery achievements.
- Pushes on areas which are blocked by ambiguity, helping to make next steps and owners concrete.
- Verifies fixes in the data and services builds.
- Sets up new processes & features to scale.
- Aligns all the people and components to make a new process successful for a stable, low-touch long-term, including documentation, scoping pilots, training, tool support, eval, and quality expectations.
- Builds understanding of data mechanics in the Maps system, from data to user impact via services and client
- Work closely with engineering teams to design and develop pipeline and tools to support requirements.
- Gets hands-on with tools to get first-hand understanding of issues and clarify requirements.
- Keen sense of timing to deliver project on-time.
- Highly organized to track each layer at different stages of production and platform
- Hunger to constantly seek out new opportunities to improve the efficiency and reliability of the data lifecycle via automation, simplification of scope, or streamlined communication.
- Takes road bumps and changes to the requirements in stride. Works with the team to identify the problem and work through a solution.
- Extracts key details and keeps leads across the data programs in the loop.
- Able to influence other teams to execute on new requirements through good context setting/description of impact, clarity of ask, and follow up.
- 5+ years handling large multi-functional projects in software, operations, or manufacturing environment
- Experience crafting systems & processes for a large operations force
- Familiarity of software development processes and how to write good requirements
- Experience working in maps a plus
The Mission of the Display Layers EPM is to drive the end-to-end definition and delivery of the visual map layers across the world. This role will be responsible for building significant depth of understanding of the mechanics of these layers in order to drive the content definition, sourcing, process, and tooling that enable Apple to produce and release the visual layers efficiently at full production ramp. As the go-to Display Layer EPM owner, they will stand proudly behind both the product and the process by which these layers are produced. Layers owned by this role: Buildings Venues, Transit, Landmarks Water, Islands Landcover
Education & Experience
BS or MS