Technical Program Manager – (VCSEL)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Technical Program Manager – (VCSEL) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Here at Apple we don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Product Engineering, Process Engineering and/or
- Test Engineering
- Deep technical design expertise with semiconductor background is required. GaAs or general III-V experience is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of electro-optical wafer level testing and its relationship to chip level design is a must.
- Experience in quality systems, process control, and/or statistical analysis is required.
- Deep technical expertise with semiconductor background is mandatory. GaAs or general III-V experience is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of wafer test (Electrical and Optical), yield, and wafer fabrication processes.
- Familiarity with quality systems and process control
- Experience with VCSELs and other optical photonics material is a plus.
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root causing in a fast- paced environment
- Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, influencing and negotiation.
- Teamwork: Constant collaboration with multiple functional teams across Apple and its suppliers
- Flexibility: Evening and weekend work will be required at times. The job also requires significant international travel up to 40%.
You will take the lead in driving technical, operational and quality issues related to custom optical semiconductor devices from the earliest stages of new product introduction, engineering builds, ramp up and throughout product lifecycle. You will be the main interface between component vendors and the respective downstream module / system integrators. The group covers all optical compound semiconductor devices inside modules for all systems. The focus of the team is on operations, ensuring products are manufacturable with the highest quality. • New Product Integration / Ramp -Set a vision for continuous improvement plans with respect to operations and product quality metric. Set aggressive targets and drive plans to achieve. -Be involved in early development to ensure products are manufacturable, and conduct Design for Manufacturability reviews. Build in constant manufacturing design improvement for product quality, factory efficiency and product cost. -Approve end to end spec funneling limits to insure high quality parts and no escapes at Module Integrators while maximizing yield at wafer level. -Ensure timely test correlation activities and close test gaps between device, module and system. -Approve vendor process, process flow, equipment, and testing platforms for new devices. -Review and approve manufacturing Control Plans (tests, methods, sample sizes, pass /fail criteria). Ensure cosmetic standards are aligned with Module integrators. -Audit and approve device manufacturers for mass production readiness. • Sustaining / Quality -In mass production, lead resolution of device related quality issues in wafer fab, back-end processing, testing, transit and module integrator. -Monitor and report yield, manufacturing metrics (CpK, FMEA etc.). Drive improvement programs as appropriate. -Audits to ensure device vendors are conforming to Apple specs and requirements. -Drive FACA, Quality Alerts, 8Ds and PCNs by tracking, reporting and closing out issues in a timely manner. -Manage the quality relationship between Wafer Fab and Module Integrators. This involves regular face to face reviews, efficient vendor reporting systems and audits. -Regularly provide status reporting updates to executives and escalation when needed. • Collaboration with cross-functional teams -Work with internal Design, Process, and Supplier Quality Engineers at module integrators. -Close coordination with device design team, module design team and NPI project managers. -Interface with reliability engineering and system quality engineers
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or allied technical subject.