EM Design Technologist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this role, you will engage in a variety of electromagnetic (EM) design and technology projects involving EMC/ESD/EMI/RFI/RFE (RF Exposure) design, simulations, and measurements with the goal to achieve best-in-class EM performance for Apple products. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- We are looking for individuals with prior experience and/or solid education in EM/EMC/ESD/EMI/RFI/RFE areas. Other key qualifications include:
- 5+ years of proven track record with EM simulation software such as CST, ANSYS, EMCoS, and/or COMSOL.
- Hands-on experience with RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, vector signal generators, power sensors, switch controllers, etc.
- Deep understanding of EM physics in the areas of EMC, EMI, and/or antenna arrays
- An ability to drive forward through various constraints and ambiguity on difficult problems to make sound decisions.
- Knowledge of wireless power transfer systems and regulatory RF exposure standards are preferred but not required
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be highly motivated and must have excellent organizational skills
You will work with cross-functional teams on challenging EM designs and EMC/ESD/EMI/RFI/RFE issues in the development of outstanding consumer electronics products. Responsibilities may include: investigating new technologies, performing system-level and module-level simulations, reviewing/analyzing electrical and mechanical designs, and designing/conducting experiments and EM measurements to support design, debug, and simulation model validation.
Education & Experience
- MSEE with 5+ years of experience in EM simulations and measurements is required. PhD is preferred.