Senior Engineering Manager- Data Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is seeking an experienced, caring, transparent, and customer focused, Senior Manager or Director to lead the Data Analytics organization within Software Engineering. This organization contains a diverse set of teams consisting of OS Software Engineering, backend Big Data Engineering, Service Reliability Engineering, full stack Web Engineering, Data Scientists, and Support Engineering. We collect, store, and analyze diagnostics and usage data from Apple devices across the world, always keeping user privacy at the forefront. Our data is used to generate insights that inform and drive product strategies across all of software and hardware development. We develop batch and streaming analytics solutions using Kafka, Flume, Hadoop, Spark, Jenkins, and other state of the art technologies in a large scale infrastructure. We serve all Software Engineering teams for them to adopt our analytics framework in their code.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- You are a creative critical thinker and problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- You are passionate, inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative way
- You have the ability to deliver consistent high quality results while working in a dynamic & fast environment
- You have a strategic attitude with an aptitude to condense complex concepts
- You have a growth oriented mentality to help your team members expand their knowledge and skill sets
- Many years of extensive experience with the following:
- Mentoring, leading, motivating, and caring for managers and large teams
- Architecting Big Data systems, pipelines and data processing including ETLs, BIs, and Data Analytics
- Software engineering and disciplines in design, test, source code management and CI/CD practices
- Application and API development to support large numbers of internal cross functional software clients
- Distributed file formats, for example ones like Apache AVRO, Apache Parquet, Hadoop and common methods in data transformation
- Data visualization tools, for example ones like Tableau and Splunk
- Data storage tools, for example ones like HBase, Vertica, Cassandra, Oracle, Redshift, Apache Parquet.
- Data processing frameworks and tools, for example ones like Teradata, Apache Oozie and PySpark, Spark, Flume, Kafka, Yarn, S3
- Common big data programming languages, for example ones like Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, etc.
Without accurate data, Apple is flying blind to how we can best improve and innovate for our customers. Without the right frameworks and systems in place to collect that data, we won't get it. Without thoughtful approaches to collecting that data, our customers privacy could be at risk. Without a hardworking, motivated and dedicated team of people in place none if it will be possible. Without a passionate, experienced, motivational, caring, transparent, deeply technical, highly communicative, customer focused leader leading our Data Analytics team, we won't be able to take our team and our technologies to the heights we need them. Our Data Analytics team needs a Senior Manager or Director with the qualifications listed in this job posting. There is a plethora of opportunity and challenge ahead for this organization. Are you the right fit to lead the way to and through it? If so, apply.
Education & Experience
* B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, or equivalent