Reliability Engineer - Packaging
Austin, Texas, United States
At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming exceptional products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! If you have a passion for constant learning and developing innovative products, you will fit right in. Apple's Reliability Engineering team is looking for a candidate to partner with Apple's Retail Product Design group to create and influence our customers' first impression of our products. You will be responsible for improving the cosmetic and functional durability of our store display designs in Apple Retail and Channel environments. You will focusing on new test development, field research and unique materials with investigations into how customers interact with our elements.
- We've found applicants with these skills have a good head start:
- Experience performing reliability testing including Mechanical Stress Tests, Shock/Drop/Vibration Testing, Environmental Testing
- Statistical experience such as Weibull++, JMP, or familiarity with accelerated test models
- Familiar with Failure Analysis techniques (Optical Microscopy, X-ray/CT, Scanning Electron Microscopy/Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy, etc.), and the ability to use failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure
- Understanding of Design of Experiments
- - Imaginative approach to Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Developing new reliability tests procedures and specifications - Preparing concise and detailed test plans, analyzing test reports and presenting results in a confident manner - Researching new technologies to understand unique failure mechanisms - Interacting with diverse groups to improve product reliability - Manage and travel to partner testing labs - Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills - Strong attention to detail and curiosity of how technologies work - Capable of handling multiple projects at once - Ability to work well with teams remotely - Dynamic engineer with a “can do” attitude - Confident with navigating ambiguity and creating new ways of doing things. This position is located in Austin (Texas) and working closely with engineering counterparts in Austin, Cupertino, and overseas partners. You will be in-charge of driving reliability activities, resolving critical issues, and advising the team on the best path forward.
Education & Experience
- BS/ MS engineering degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Microelectronics or other relevant discipline. - Validation, test, and lab experience is preferred but not required.