Research Analyst, Cupertino
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We develop programs and strategies that enable businesses to transform the way people work. To realize this goal, we build relationships, develop partner capabilities and programs—at all levels from from tactical to strategic. We collaborate closely with internal and external partners to craft plans that scale the business and adoption of the Apple ecosystem. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. The Apple Worldwide Channel Research team is seeking an expert researcher to support research studies on customer experience. The team conducts studies across myriad topics on sales staff and consumers in Apple’s indirect sales channel using both quantitative and qualitative methods, and findings from the studies support cross-functional teams in sales and across countries and regions. For this position, we are looking for someone who: - Has experience conducting quantitative /qualitative research - Has experience leading external research vendors - Is an ultimate teammate who loves working with other researchers - Is happy to flex and tackle an analyst role to support existing projects or an end-to-end project management role, whatever is needed - Is comfortable presenting research to diverse groups of internal partners - Understands the importance of dealing with change and ambiguity and welcomes the challenge of adapting to evolving needs of the business
- - Bachelor’s or advanced degree in social sciences or related field
- - 3-5 or more years of relevant job experience working in areas of consumer research, with direct experience in a research agency or managing research agencies a plus
- - Understanding of research principles, such as survey design, semi-structured interview design, sample size determination, randomization, etc.
- - Direct experience with market research methods such as consumer panel surveys, mystery shopping, focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnography, etc.
- - Strong quantitative data analysis skills – you should know bivariate analyses such as Pearson’s correlation, t-test, chi-square, one-way ANOVA, etc., multivariate analyses a plus
- - Proficiency in SPSS or other similar statistical software
- - Experience with survey tools such as Qualtrics and SurveyGizmo
- We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
Assist with all aspects of research projects including documentation of project requirements, request for proposal and statement of work, drafting research plan, project timeline, cost estimates, research design, development of study instruments (such as surveys and interview guides), recruitment and data collection, data quality control, analysis and reporting, and tracking project expenditures Manage external research vendors, including setting project requirements with vendors, training vendors on study procedures, monitoring vendors’ execution and quality, and directing vendors on any analytical or reporting support Conduct data analysis and craft reports and presentations with effective data visualization and clear takeaway messages for all types of audiences Communicate research to internal partners Work with other researchers on the team to coordinate on project objectives and logistics (timing, cost, etc.) and communications to partners regarding questions or requests for research or analytical support
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in social sciences or a related field, however, if you have relevant experience in a similar discipline you are encouraged to apply. - Post graduate qualification would be an advantage.